(1) Globally, 785 million people – 1 in 9 – lack access to safe water. Every single minute, two people die because they lack clean water. Unsafe water kills nearly 1,000 children every day.
(2) By 2060, the water demand along the U.S.-Mexico border will rise by 22%.
(3) The U.S. - Mexico border, spanning 2,000 miles, is home to approximately 13 million Latinos, Immigrants, Migrants, and Asylum-Seekers living in Colonia communities who lack access to clean drinking water. Sadly, many even live without indoor plumbing (hot or cold running water, a shower/bath, or a flush toilet).
(4) 42% of households in Colonia communities along the U.S.-Mexico Border live in poverty and cannot afford to pay for clean water.
(5) If the U.S. - Mexico border region were considered a state, the region would be comprised of the following characteristics: 1) rank last in access to health care; 2) second in death rates due to hepatitis; 3) third in deaths related to diabetes; 4) last in per capital income; 5) first in the number of school children living in poverty; and 6) first in the number of uninsured school children. Access to clean water would help turn these statistics around for the better.Learn More
How We Provide Clean Water
Based on the specific water needs of a community, we provide clean water in several ways:
Where We Provide Clean Water
We provide clean water in these locations:
1) In the Monte Alto, Texas Colonia we provide clean water to 2,000 Latinos/Immigrants (400 families).
2) In the San Luis, Mexico Colonia we provide clean water to 100+ Latinos/Immigrants/Migrants (20+ families).
3) In Austin, Texas we provide clean water to Latinos/Immigrants/Migrants in need.
4) In Tijuana, Mexico, we are currently identifying Colonia communities in need of clean water.
*We also provide emergency relief for Immigrant families such as clothes and food. As we identify more Colonia communities in need of clean water, we will update our map.
See the communities in need
Partner with Us
Sponsor a Family with clean water monthly
Sponsor a family for 1 year with clean water
Support future water projects for any amount
There’s a deep theological truth in the fact that before we were graciously drawn to repentance and faith in Jesus, we were strangers and spiritually…
Rondell TreviñoOctober 30, 2020
The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do. - Sarah Ban Breathnach Dreamers and Doers.…
Rondell TreviñoAugust 12, 2020